We are, sort of, officially, moved in. We’re lacking a couch, and a TV and of course the walls are bare, but the essentials are here. As I type this, Zach is mopping the dining room floor. He told me I could blog people. His words were, “it can be your first blog from this house!”
So here it is. The first blog from the new (to me) house. Hopefully, I won’t be moving again for at least a couple years.
There’s a few things still to do:
1. Set up both bathrooms. I know what I want to do in the hall bath, but I’m not spending $100 on a shower curtain. So I’ll have to somehow compromise.
2. Paper ‘Plique the walls in the Master Bath.
3. Design and Build a massive built in.
4. Put in a custom closet system in my closet. I need a walk-in but I get what I get, so I have a plan. I’ll have to sell a horse or pay off my pickup first, whichever comes first.
5. Change out most every single light fixture.
6. Put in a new faucet in the kitchen. This one is NOT pretty. Functional, yes. Pretty No. Would it be something I’d ever choose? I. Think. Not. (Laugh Bud. Laugh Danial. Laugh Zach. Laugh! I know you are!)
I think that is it for now. I took photos of the green bedroom. I think it might be too green. I don’t know. I need to get stuff on the walls (which sadly will mean I’ll need to buy more crosses!), and then make that decision I guess. I also need a headboard for the bed, I know, but I can’t decide what I want to do. I am thinking of two options.
Option A: An old door, that has badly peeling paint, that I’ll just make shabbier.
Option B: Build one and cover it in leather and/or the Vintage Alexander Henry Fabric that my sister made my kick ass pillows out of. I’ll use nail-heads of course. Because no cowgirl can have too many nail-heads in furniture. So I don’t know. Give me your ideas! And I’m wondering- did anyone love or hate my red faux walls?
Here’s the photos.