I periodically lust after camera equipment and I do get asked from time to time what I have in my bag of tricks when it comes to equipment. Other than an artistic eye, Aperture, and PS CS5, here some of the tools of the trade that I own, and tools that I’d LOVE to own! You can click on each of them individually to see them at their source.
Row one- L-R:
1. Canon 7D. My camera. $1599, 18mp. Shoots HD Video. Love.
2. Canon 50mm lens. F/1.8 $117. I use this lens a lot and I think it’s a must have for every photographer.
3. Photo taken of Miss Indian Rodeo with the 50mm.
4. Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. $372. A good all-purpose lens.
Row two- L-R:
1. Photo taken of Miss Indian Rodeo 2012, with the 28-135mm lens.
2. Canon 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS lens. A good entry-level telephoto with image stabilization.
3. Prairie Chicken photo, taken with the 250mm Lens.
4. Canon 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS lens. Opens wide, for low light settings but only at 28mm. Still a great L series Lens. $2631
Row three- L-R:
1. Canon 400mm f/5.6L No image stabilization in this lens but the price is good! Would not be good in low-lighting situations. $1249
2. Photo of a Hawk, shot with my 250mm lens. It would be an even cooler photo with a 400mm lens. I might not have scared him off!
3. Canon 17-40mm f/4L Ultra Wide Angle Lens. What’s not to love about a lens that can take in more of the landscape? $779.
4. Canon Speedlight 430EX II Sort of a must-have for indoor weddings/parties. $299
Row four- L-R:
1. Canon 400mm f/2.8L IS. My dream camera lens. This lens opens up wide to let in a lot of light, and would really let me take a great photo from a distance in all kinds of lighting conditions!
2. Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3MP Camera.. Takes HD video in 1080. My dream camera. Someday!
3. A wedding photography flash and lens kit from BorrowLenses.com. Genius! $215 for a week. Includes a Speedlight, wide-angle lens, 50mm lens, and 200mm L-series Lens.
4. Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. A great, all purpose lens that opens up wide to let in a lot of light, has image stabilization and let’s be honest, you can’t have too many camera lenses!
What’s in your camera bag or on your Wish-List?