I have been nominated for the Liebster Award thanks to Danielle at Cavalcade Equestrian. She has been a follower here for quite some time, and recently even showcased some of my work on her blog. If you don’t know her, I suggest you go meet her. She’s pretty cool.
Now, here’s the 411 on the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued (and I may be just a tad German. Okay, so probably 80%!). Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
6. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know you have nominated them.
I have more than 200 followers, and most of the blogs I’ll nominate probably do too. But this will still be fun, and I’m honored to have been chosen.
11 Random Facts:
1. If left to my own devices I’d have all kinds of pets -rabbits, ducks, pigs, and who knows what else. Instead I’m limited to regular ranch critters: cats, dogs, chickens, cows and goats thrown in for good measure (though the boys would argue chickens and goats make us a “hobby farm”. Aren’t they just funny?).
2. I never leave the house without mascara.
3. I play the piano.
4. I didn’t get a horse until I was almost 12; I began asking for a horse when I was 4.
5. I can draw almost anything I have a photograph of. And I miss drawing/painting. Soon I’ll have space to start that endeavor again.
6. The Cowboy and I met online, through a Yahoo Horse Group in a non-romantic way. I know. Crazy.
7. Since I was born, I’ve lived in four states: Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and now South Dakota.
8. I don’t keep a super clean house, but I like a neat house. I may be slightly anal when it comes to having the living room straight.
9. My first horse’s name was Butch.
10. Texas Country music rocks.
11. If I could live in yoga pants, I probably would. They don’t do very well for riding though!
11 Questions from Danielle at Cavalacade:
1. What was your favorite horse related book growing up?
I read the “Black Stallion” Series by Walter Farley, more than once.
2. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
Oh my gosh. Danielle…this is…tough. I guess becoming a published photographer.
3. What is your favorite song right now?
Texas Love Song by Slaid Cleaves.
4. Did you ride or own a horse growing up?
I actually answered that in my random facts above. Ironic.
5. What is the best memory from your childhood?
Why getting my first horse, of course.
6. Which season do you most enjoy?
Fall. I love FALL! I love shipping calves, doing all the fall “work” associated with ranching- shots, pulling bulls, preg-testing cows, the weather; the list goes on and on.
7. What time period would you travel to if you could travel back in time? Why?
I’m pretty happy where I am now. I like modern medicine.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook at home? Care to share the recipe?
Chicken Fried Steak. Yes, I will share the recipe in another post, promise.
9. Favorite store?
I love my friend Jennifer’s boutique: Rawhide and Roses. She carries some of the cutest things.
10. Tea or coffee?
11. Why do you blog?
I like sharing my charmed life with others. Real life on a ranch isn’t always pretty and I try to portray all of it. But, what I want to know from my readers, is “what’s the best part of this blog”? So answer that for me will you guys? Pretty please with more pretty photos on top?
Since I lost my Google Reader, my blog list has gotten very short. My nominees are as follows:
The Holly Lane . I’ve met Holly and she’s awesome. She also has an amazing little antique boutique called “The Cowgirl Peddler.” You must go visit her.
Horses and Heels (also nominated by Cavalcade) I love this girl.
Urban Country Style What is not to love about Suzie Salmon? I haven’t found anything!
Weekend Cowgirl A Texas girl. Enough Said.
The Rancher’s Daughter (she is beautiful, her photography is beautiful and her style is amazing! Suzie you will lover her if you don’t already!)
The Farmer’s Wife She has a very clean style.
Dairy Carrie The girl loves Cheese. Who doesn’t? She is also a great person. I have gotten to meet her in person too. She’s fun!
Dirt Road Charm. I have had the chance to meet Taysha in person and she’s nothing short of awesome, folks. Plus, this week she’s giving away a hand-painted cuff. Go visit her NOW!
The Sagebrush Sea Another rancher’s wife. And this gal is pretty darn awesome.
That’s my list, folks.
As for questions for them:
1. Who’s your favorite band/album?
2. Sun or snow? Why?
3. Favorite Alcoholic Beverage?
4. Pork, Chicken, or Beef?
5. What’s your favorite clothing piece?
6. One thing you always have on hand in your kitchen. I already know what Carrie’s answer is!
7. Favorite Housewares store?
8. What is your favorite magazine?
9. One place you’d visit if you could?
10. Favorite brand of boots?
11. Favorite accessory?
And there you have it folks!