One of my favorite Holiday Cocktail Concoctions is a little ditty I came up with a couple years ago – a Peppermint Martini. Well, to clarify, I didn’t actually invent them. Someone who’s probably a mixologist did, but I took what they did and made it my own… I love a martini – as long as it’s a vodka martini. I can’t bring myself to drink something that smells like a Christmas Tree! Even at Christmas!
Many of the recipes you’ll find online will include a white chocolate liquor. Cue Crickets. I’m not sure there’s a liquor store in South Dakota that would carry such a thing. There is a recipe available if you wish to make your own, but I’m kind of all about improvising. Ranching makes you nothing, if not resourceful.
- 1 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 2 oz Cream
- Crushed Peppermint and Sugar for rimming glasses
- Candy Cane for Garnish
- In a plate, pour a small amount of Peppermint Schnapps for rimming the glasses. Dip glass in schnapps.
- On a separate plate, add your combined crushed peppermint candy, sugar mixture. Place liquid rimmed glass on plate with this mixture to create a pretty rim.
- In a cocktail shaker add Peppermint Schnapps, Vanilla Vodka, Cream and ice. Shake until cold, strain into rimmed glass and enjoy!
- To kick it up a notch - you can substitute Bailey's for the cream - or the vodka - if you'd like it to be less potent. Otherwise, rock on!
This is my Christmas Present to y’all- yummy goodness in the form of spirits to get you in the spirit if you’re not already.
Merry Christmas and Happy Trails!